1956 Retrospective Exhibit 2006

There is so much to see at Corvettes at Carlisle that I never get to see it all. However, it is one of the best places to view unusual and historic seldom seen models. This year was the Golden Anniversary for these Fifty-Something 1956's. Following are some of the participants and two SR-1 models.

a Genuine 1956 post Sebring SR-1

CLONED 1956 Sebring SR-1 car number #5

Happy Birthday 1956

Above Aztec Copper, Onyx Black, Venetian Red, Arctic Blue, another Onyx Black, Cascade Green and a Polo White Joe Lucia.

The Silver with Black cove 1956 was identified as a custom. Sweet.

The Yellow and White striped tent was heavily reflected in this Black beauties paint finish.

Note the unusual earlier style Glass jar washer reservoir above the dual quads and the shaved off upper fender scoop trim. This beauty was SCCA club raced.

Another sweet Venetian Red 1956, same color combo as mine.

Note the aftermarket accessory plexiglass wind wings mounted to the front door post. These were popular addition for C1's.

Another view of these accessory wind wings.

I overheard a spectator whisper the fellow in the Blue jacket was one of the VIP judges, Rob Lobotomy or something. That is what is great about Carlisle, being surrounded by Corvette celebrities. But, I was too bashful to seek the autograph.

Check this link for more 1956 models.

and now a word from our sponsor

oOSOEZ