Zip's 11 Year of Selling Hose Jobs

 and laughing all the way to the Bank
 Over the last decade I have been contacted by Zips customers, Zip ex employees and even their former web site guru. All un-solicited. Following is an email I received just before Christmas. I figure no sense spoiling your holiday if you paid good money for these imitations. After all, it's only been since 1995 that folk have been fooled on these reproductions. What's their rush?

I wrote back the following.

Remember, "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, laughing all the way, oh what fun it is" - for who?
Zip's business model: crudely copy any repro you can, get close enough to fool the casual observer and sell it cheaper than the original, but dump it on the wholesale market. Most folk will never know it's not authentic. 100% get fooled into purchasing. Maybe 10% get refunded with gracious platitudes to continue the deception. That leaves 90% they laugh about all the way to the bank. (Sung to the tune of Jingle Bells.)

I predict a new splashy announcement from Zip soon.

This is just one of many Corvette parts Zip has haphazardly copied from repro's, and fooled you and many others and meanwhile enriched themselves immensly. I think they are nothing less than deceitful, and nothing more than dishonest. They will literally make anything to do a buck.

Caveat Emptor.


Back to Current Events